I read in Daily Candy that MoMA has an online exhibition up called "Color Chart: Reinventing Color 1950 to Today". You KNOW how I feel about color. Ive been perusing the works all day and so far my favorite is Gerhard Richter. I'm loving his "Colour Charts". Above is "180 Colours". No wonder I like it, this piece sold in 2002 for almost $4M. Figures. It kind of reminds me of the color chart in Microsoft applications when you want to change the font color... but so much more delicious. Be sure to check out the exhibit online, it's up through May 12.
P.S.... what a great idea to put the exhibition online. I know you don't get the full effect of art if you don't see it in person. But for those of us who can't skip over to MoMA (and believe me, I would skip) on our way home, this is perfect. Bringing art to the masses. I dig it.

No comments:
Post a Comment