Monday, March 17, 2008

St Patrick's Day Cupcakes

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Disclaimer: I have never considered myself a baker. I can write on top of a cake with icing like no body's business, but someone else usually makes the cake.

Over the weekend we decided to have some friends over for corned beef and cabbage... and cupcakes. I attempted to make the cupcakes a little festive by coloring them like the Irish flag. It almost worked. I think the colors needed to be deeper, these looked like they tasted of lime and orange. Maybe next time I just need to stick to those fail proof Martha Stewart ideas. Plus, as much as I love the Irish and being Irish, I've decided that orange and green rarely look good together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To think it all started with some Betty Crocker box cakes with crude birthday messages in icing. You've come a long way! Martha would be proud!