It's been a wonderful week of season premiers. Gossip Girl and 90210 with a little The Hills mixed in got me through Monday and Tuesday, but I have to tell you I was just as excited about the season 2 premier of Top Design on Bravo (I know what you're thinking... shocker!).I wasn't actually too impressed with the designers. I'm not saying I could do better, but this is supposed to be the cream of the crop right? I was, however, very impressed with the first challenge. Broken up into 4 teams, 13 designers were tasked with decorating a loft apartment for $2,000 in 2 days. The clients were one of the four judges. I enjoy the challenges with smaller budgets because I think they are more realistic. I think it takes much more creativity to decorate with limited funds... anyone can replicate someone else's good taste from a catalogue with enough dough. Plus, most people can't afford to re-do an entire room/home completely, you have to build off items you already have.
The final products were pretty lack-luster in my mind but judge Jonathan Adler made this episode with his "incomprehensible sofa saga" comment.
Despite episode 1's dull designs, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Bravo!
P.S... Check out judge Kelly Wearstler's website. Im obsessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment