Monday, September 29, 2008

Crafty Bastards...

I went with Lacy Lace, Meg and KT to the Crafty Bastards show yesterday in Adam's Morgan. And this wasn't your grandma's craft show. All of the booths were fantastic. I could have spent $300 in about 5 min. I thankfully had the strength to resist, but I did buy myself a little gift in the form of a paper airplane necklace. It was one of the first things I saw, and after we had walked through the whole show, I was still thinking about it. The best part... I bought it from a booth called "Finch Metal". How apropos!

I thought it was really silly and fun. I'm in love. You can visit the site at www.finchmetal.com.

I collected lots of cards from the show, so I'll be sure to post some of my favorites over the coming weeks. Next year I want to save all my money so I can buy all my Christmas gifts there and support local artists!

One of my favorites from yesterday was this maternity shirt from the Mutha Crafter Etsy site...


And I thought this from the same booth would be pretty funny for half of my cousins whose friends call them "Prego"...


More to come!

No comments: